What’s next… in Luxury Customer Experience online?
I am very lucky to sit with the Brands when they are defining their digital roadmaps and devising the briefs for their CRM, E-Commerce and Retail operations.
Looking back at the last year (2012-2013) I noticed obvious and solid trends:
* The end of the “Shop on the side”: Brands are now seeking a deep integration between Brand Experience, Product Expertise and Hard Working E-Commerce. At last!
* Simplicity – we know it is the hardest to achieve! No unnecessary gimmicks, forget the gadgets.. focus on Customer experience as in ease of use, engagement and purchase
The results are arriving…
– Zenith Watches
…and soon many other even more iconic brands (but shhhh.. we will let you know when they are ready!)
We believe it is Imperative to review the Sales Ceremony, to set a new standard for Selective Distribution & to up the game in HR/Skills.
The question now is… what’s next?
I believe that the main focus will be on three main areas.
As they are going out of an intense period of DYI (Do It Yourself), I have reasons to believe that brands are going to focus on:
(1) Developing a new Sales Ceremony that will integrate online and finally acknowledge new customer behaviours (cross device, multi-channel, showrooming, sharing…)
(2) Setting at last the standard for Selective Distribution Online. What are the exact criteria?
(3) Upping the game in Skills and HR, finally recruiting the right people and training the managers of today and tomorrow to leverage all channels at once – the end of the “e” in “E-Commerce”
What do you think?
Alexandre Meersonwww.laboutiquedeluxe.com – helps Brands deliver Commercial Innovation and Change through Customer Experience, Digital Marketing & International Distribution. The founder and curator of the Digital Luxury Brands online networking group, Alexandre constantly researches ways to combine Brand Experience with Product Knowledge and Hard Working E-Commerce to generate sustainable revenue, profit and customer loyalty. Alexandre heads up ‘La Boutique de Luxe’, www.laboutiquedeluxe.com a specialized multichannel marketing and sales consulting firm. His unique blend of experiences on behalf of prestigious Luxury & Lifestyle Brands and recognized B2B Businesses places him in a strong position to share his expertise in the fields that underpin successful online retail and business transformation.
E-Commerce consulting – CRM Consulting – Luxury, Beauty and Fashion Brands